Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm starting to feel like everything I own is falling to pieces...literally. First, my laptop's hard drive died, and Dell is fortunately willing to send me a new one since it's still under warranty...but I'm going to have to install it myself, and I lost most of what I had on the computer. Then, the piece of wood at the foot of my bed broke, which made me really sad. I accidentally leaned on it one day when I was standing by the bed, and I heard a CRACK and there it was in 2 pieces. I managed to screw them together, so you can't really tell, but we'll probably have to buy a new bed when we move out of St. Louis. Just moving from one apartment to another within the city pretty much broke my bed to pieces. THEN, my car's front brakes started making lots of noise. I took the car to the Toyota place, and they told me that it would cost almost $500 to fix the brakes, and another $3500 to fix everything else that's wrong with the car!!!! Can you believe that??? I had them fix the brakes, and hopefully everything else will hold together until we're out of school....

I still don't have a job...and the prospects aren't too bright, either...it's been a discouraging couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Megs said...

AWWWW!! Your blog makes me so sad. i am sorry that everything is so screwed up out there in stinky St. louis. I wish that I could make it better!!
Love you!!!
xoxoxo
~Meghan

Megs said...

I sent you and James your valentines day goodies today! You should get it a little after Valentine's Day!