Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's been a pretty busy spring break, and I've gotten tons of work done, but now I think that my eyes are starting to blur from trying to read words off a computer screen. I got like 40 folders finished for the civil rights clearinghouse project that I've been working on, so I'm really pleased about that (and about the money that they'll pay me for it...we gotta pay the bills. If anyone wants to check out the website, it's http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~crlch/ but it's not completely done yet. We'll probably be working on it for the next year.

I planted a few herb plants by the window in my kitchen on Tuesday, and I am hoping that they'll grow even though they won't get direct sunlight in our apartment. All of our windows face north, so the sun is always on the other sides of the building, but we get lots of reflected light. I also got one of those lightbulbs that is supposed to help plants grow, and I've been shining that on them all day each day...so we'll see! If it works, I'll have some nice thyme, oregano, parsley, and basil to use in my cooking. I need SOMETHING to make me feel like I don't live in a huge city...

We've had pretty nice weather for the last couple of days, but it's supposed to get cold again starting tomorrow...grrr. Oh well. We'll see what happens. It can't stay cold forever, and when it warms up I'm going to go dance a jig in the park by the lake to celebrate the spring. Only one more St. Louis winter!!!

1 comment:

Megs said...

Come visit me in Georgia!