Saturday, May 20, 2006

I've been surprisingly busy since school ended. As soon as I got home from my last exam, I started working on the project that is my summer job so that I could bill some hours, and I've been basically working on it every day since then. Last week, I flew home for the weekend to attend Jonathan's graduation from the Medical College of Georgia, which was really nice. It's funny to think that my dad did the exact same thing at the same place before I was even born! So now there are TWO Dr. Pattons - Dr. Henry and Dr. Jonathan. I might as well just admit right here that I'll never think of Jonathan as a doctor. To me he'll always be that guy who rented me his crayons when he was 7, shot Jordan in the rear end when he was 10, and tried to vacuum my toes off when he was 12. He's going to stay in Augusta, Georgia to do his residency, so they're living in the same house. I think that's really nice - it's so expensive to move, and they'll be close to home, which Lisa will love four months from now when she's got 3 kids.

I also went home to pick up the car that Nana is letting us use, but I had to fly back early because James and I got invited to a party at the head of neurosurgery's house back in St. Louis. We went to the party on Tuesday night, and it was really nice - we met lots of people that were good for James to meet, and we even got to talk to Dr. John Jane, who is the famous neurosurgeon at UVa - the one who did the neurosurgery on Christopher Reeve (aka Superman). Dr. Jane was really nice, and I think that he'd be a fun guy to know. James and I both had a good time, and I'm glad that I flew back for the party because I think that it made it easier for James to talk to people.

We had lots of the guys in the medical school over tonight to watch fighting on television, and they're all excited because next weekend is the Ultimate Fighting Championship #60....where Royce Gracie is fighting Matt Hughes. It should be a great fight because they're both famous MMA fighters. It's going to be on pay per view, so everybody is going to pitch in and come over to watch it. Hopefully when it's over, I'll have time to do a fight recap and let everyone know who won each of the fights.

Okay, well I'm tired, so I'm off to bed. Goodnight everyone....

No comments: