Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February Snow!

While the east coast is getting hammered with feet of snow, we've only had a few inches so far in St. Louis. If we were just a few hours north, I think we'd be in trouble, so I'm VERY thankful to be far enough south that it's not too bad. Max is, of course, having a blast playing in the powder in the back yard. He's loved the snow ever since he was a little puppy, but his paws get really cold after just a few minutes, and then he wants to come in and warm up. I've been trying to convince him that it's not really much fun to play in the snow, so that he doesn't keep trying to go out into it every half hour, making me wipe his paws every time he comes in!

Here are a few pictures:

Max checks out the fresh powder from the deck.














I'm thinking that this rosemary plant probably won't make it! I should have brought it inside back in early November.



















He's looking for a kong wubba toy that got buried - eventually he found it, but he got a cold, wet nose in the process!



















Checking the backyard for squirrels and birds before coming back inside.














A view of Tower Grove Park across the street...and the path that I shoveled yesterday to the car. Unfortunately, more snow blew into the path, so it's not clear anymore!

No comments: