Monday, March 14, 2011

Ella Uncut

Yesterday, I finally took Ella to have her one year old portraits made.  I don't have time (or money!) for a fancy portrait studio, so I took her to our local Portrait Innovations studio.  I called, got an appointment for about 45 minutes after I called, grabbed some of Ella's dresses and hairbows, and jumped in the car.  When I got there, they took us right back to the picture area and started snapping shots!

It was great!

Ella loves the girl who took her pictures, so she was very smiley.  I thought that they really showed her sunny personality well.  However, it is always funny to me that people only look at the pictures that turned out "well."  You know, the ones like this...















Perfectly posed, sweet smile....





















...happy little baby...















...looks like she's never cried a tear in her life...





















...sitting on the block with the big 1 on it like she does it every day, looking at the camera like it's the most fascinating thing on earth.





















What people never seem to see are the pictures that turn out like this...looking at everything BUT the camera...





















...trying to rip the ear off the poor stuffed bunny...





















...then getting into the Easter eggs...





















...grabbing her purple blanket and crawling out of the picture...




















...having her clothes fall off...




















...falling down when she tries to stand up for the picture...





















...and having to be held onto the stool so that she doesn't fall down and split her head open...





















So that's the real story, folks.  Out of 113 pictures, we got some good ones, but we also got some that show my baby in her element.  And I actually love those, too!  Have you ever had some candid shots that you loved?

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Even the "bad" pictures were good! She is a photographer's dream!