Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blooming in June

Well, things have been wild lately, so I thought I'd post some pictures of a place of respite...my back yard.  I used to really dislike this time of year, because spring is finished, and the flowers all start to die.  The grass can get a little brown from the heat, and the stuff that was so pretty just a few weeks ago isn't so pretty anymore. Then, I learned to plant stuff that can survive the heat...and I started to like mid-summer!  (I'm still trying to find stuff that can bloom in mid-January, under a foot of snow, so if you are aware of anything for THAT time of year, let me know...)

Well, thus far, the heat has knocked back the roses, and the lilies are pretty much done for the year, but the hot weather flowers are starting to come into their own.  Take a look...

















Here are the green beans.  They're SUPPOSED to be bush beans, because I'm tired of dealing with climbers, but they're not acting like bush beans.  Very aggravating.


Here are some squash and cucumber plants...with a huge weed in the background by the bag of garden soil =)


I love these flowers - they look like firecrackers!


Pretty daisies.


This is our purple phlox, which James likes to call the "P-flox allstars."  He's so strange.


Purple puffballs.


Red Don Juan climbing roses.


Last of the yellow lillies.




Pink double knock-out roses.


Last of the pink lillies.


Can't remember what these are called.


Red snap dragons!


Pink climbing roses.


Last of the maroon lilies.






White marigold.


Here are some tomatoes!!!


Here's a shrub rose!


Clematis, climbing on the back gate.


Purple asters.


And my favorite of all the blossoms in the garden...


She's my sweet little under-gardener!






Playing with her daddy's pager and cell phone...


...oh, wait...I'm not supposed to have these?


Sweet little Belle.


No comments: