Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tiny Pink Toes

Last month, my mom took pity on my tired, swollen pregnant feet and decided that she would get me a pedicure.  Of course, Belle came along for the ride, since she's always game for an adventure.  She's never been to a nail salon before, since I can't really afford to get my nails done.  (We're poor, like most families of medical residents and people who work in seminaries, in case you didn't know.)

Well, as soon as we walked in the door, Belle noticed a very special chair towards the back.  It had a teddy bear head, and it was just her size!  She climbed right up to check it out while I got my nails done.

Hey, look at this, Mama!!
















She watched the lady paint my toenails, and then she decided that she wanted to get hers done, too.  After spending a few minutes studying the big rack of nailpolishes in the front of the room, and finally selecting a rather loud hot pink....pretty typical of what a two year old would find attractive...she brought it back to me and asked if she could have a turn. 

How could I say no?

I asked if she wanted to sit in the teddy bear chair, but she decided that she'd rather experience this new phenomenon from the safety of her mama's lap. 
 
She held perfectly still, without even being told.

 And in the end, it looked wonderful! 











Have I mentioned that I love those pudgy little knees and feet?


Sweet girl.

No comments: