Sunday, October 14, 2012

Like Her Mama

Question:  What's the first thing everyone says when they hold someone else's baby?

Answer:  "He/She is so cute/precious/sweet/tiny/adorable/etc."

Question:  What's the second thing everyone says when they hold someone else's baby?

Answer:  "He/She looks JUST like his/her mama/daddy."

But not with Belle.  She doesn't look like James or like me.  She does bear a really cool resemblance to James's little brother Will, but she doesn't look anything like either of her parents.  So, I've been walking around for the past two and a half years with a little girl that looks like someone else's kid. 

Little Charley-bug is another story, however.  Just about everyone who knew me as a baby thinks she looks a just like me, except with James's eyes.  Want to see? 

Here's a picture of me with my daddy when I was really tiny...


And here's one of Charlotte with James...


What do you think? 

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I agree with what you say about Charlotte but I do think Ella looks like James.