Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Booster Seat

Well, I didn't post much this month.  You might have noticed, ha, ha!  July has just been a month where things went crazy at work, and now I'm just starting to get a handle on things again.  In any case, I will probably start doing some short little posts for awhile, so that I can post more often.  I've been struggling with wanting to write, and then realizing that I don't have time to write all that I want to say, so I don't end up writing anything.  I'm just going to do some short posts for awhile, and see how that goes.

Lately, Ella has started sitting in a "big girl" chair at lunch and dinner, with a booster seat to help her little 27" frame reach the food on the table.  She's so proud of herself, and she often goes around the dining room table, climbing up on each chair to try it out and see what the view looks like from each spot.  I finally got her to stop climbing up onto the table...at least for now. 

Fortunately, this seems to be helping us to solve the problems we were having at restaurants, too.  She used to always insist on standing up in her high chair, so we would have a wrestling match every time we went out to dinner.  Now, she doesn't do that because she likes sitting at the table with us and joining in the conversation.



Now if she could just get her daddy to let her drink out of his cup and eat off his plate, life would be awesome!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Ella's still only 27"? Garcia says to say she needs some InstaGro--he's still 2 inches taller than her when he stands on his hind legs :)

Kristen said...

Amazingly, she is in the 9th percentile for height and in the 4th percentile for weight. She still hasn't gotten close to 20 lbs yet!

Robyn said...

At least she's on the chart somewhere :)