Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Death of the Point and Shoot

Well, you'll probably notice the lack of photos in this blog post, and there's a good reason for it...Our camera is DEAD.  Like gone.  Forever.  I now have no way of capturing Ella's hilarious moments for posterity except to use the camera on my cell phone.

And frankly, that won't cut it.

Sigh.

We're still trying to figure out what to do about this.  We don't have a lot of money, but pictures of the baby are a really big priority for us, so we may have to sacrifice and buy a nice new camera.  My sister Meghan has a nice camera...a really nice one.  I talked to her about getting one like hers, and we decided that it would probably be better for me to get one that wasn't quite so expensive or fancy.  However, I'd still like to get a nice one so that I can learn to shoot in manual...something beyond the point and shoot variety. 

So...to all of you out there with opinions, now's the time to chime in.  What kind of camera do you use?  Do you like it?  Why or why not?

Don't be shy...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The Nikon D3000 looks like a good one - I'll definitely be checking that one out!